Dhatu Activated Flour:
The activated flours is made from the activated grains. The grains are essentially activated by soaking process. The soaking process helps to break down the complex carbohydrates, anti-nutrients and enzyme inhibitors, and thereby enhancing the nutrient assimilation greatly in the body.
Consuming activated brown top millet flour, offers several benefits. Here are some benefits of using activated brown top millet flour:
1. Increased nutrient bioavailability: Soaking and activating brown top millet before milling can enhance the bioavailability of nutrients present in the millet. Activation helps break down anti-nutrients like phytic acid, which can inhibit nutrient absorption. By reducing anti-nutrients, the activation process increases the availability of essential vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making them more easily absorbed and utilized by the body.
2. Enhanced digestibility: Soaking and activating brown top millet helps break down complex carbohydrates and proteins, making them easier to digest. It also aids in reducing digestive inhibitors and enzyme inhibitors, which can hinder digestion and nutrient absorption. The activation process improves the digestibility of brown top millet, making it more gentle on the digestive system.
3. Nutrient-rich option: Brown top millet is a nutritious grain, and activating it helps retain its maximum nutritional value. Brown top millet is a good source of dietary fiber, protein, B vitamins (such as niacin and thiamine), minerals (such as magnesium and phosphorus), and antioxidants. By preserving these nutrients through cold milling, activated brown top millet flour offers a nutrient-dense option for incorporating into your diet.
4. Gluten-free and suitable for sensitive diets: Brown top millet is naturally gluten-free, making activated brown top millet flour a suitable choice for individuals with gluten sensitivities or those following a gluten-free diet. It provides a nutritious alternative to gluten-containing flours and allows individuals with celiac disease or gluten intolerance to enjoy a wide range of recipes.
5. Low glycemic index: Brown top millet has a low glycemic index, meaning it releases sugar into the bloodstream at a slower rate. This characteristic can help maintain balanced blood sugar levels and support overall blood sugar management. It may be particularly beneficial for individuals with diabetes or those looking to regulate their blood sugar levels.
6. Versatility in cooking: Activated brown top millet flour can be used in various culinary applications. It can be incorporated into baked goods, such as bread, pancakes, cookies, and muffins, providing a gluten-free and nutritious alternative. It can also be used as a thickening agent in soups, stews, or sauces. The mild flavor and fine texture of activated brown top millet flour make it a versatile ingredient that can be used in both sweet and savory recipes.